About the Greenland- East Itinerary
East Greenland is one of the most isolated regions in the world. Along the more than 20.000 kilometres of coastline you’ll only encounter two towns and 5 small settlements, inhabited by no more than 3,500 people. There is a natural reason for this very sparse settlement: East Greenland is situated between the polar sea ice and the Greenlandic Icecap, and is only accessible with supply ships either 2 or 6 months a year depending on location. An awesome wilderness of more than 1,457,000 km², including the world's largest national park. (www.eastgreenland.com)
Embarkation day in Reykjavik, the capital of Iceland. You will board your ship and set sail towards Greenland.
You will have the opportunity to explore the scenery and towns of western Iceland. In the evening, your ship will begin the journey across the Denmark Strait.
Your ship will continue to venture north towards Greenland. There will be plenty of onboard lectures and presentations to keep you entertained.
During the next several days you will experience all that the world’s largest fjord system, Scoresbysund, has to offer. You will certainly see icebergs, glaciers, and majestic cliffs. It is a photographer’s paradise with interesting rock formations and intense colors. With luck on your side, you might snag a sighting of the musk ox and arctic hare. You will also see some ancient Thule settlements and visit the isolated town of Ittoqqortoormiit. A Zodiac vessel will allow you to come to shore and set foot in this amazing scenery.
Sail south across the Denmark Strait. Continue to enjoy lectures as you watch for whales.
Explore a typical Icelandic village. Your final expedition day will be full of birds and whales as well.
Your adventure ends back in Reykjavik. You will disembark your ship and say goodbye to your fellow travelers.
Welcome Aboard the Sea Spirit
Carrying a maximum of 112 passengers, this outstanding vessel combines luxury with expedition cruising. All cabins have facilities en suite, king-size beds and exterior views. She boasts all the amenities of a fine hotel, including an open bar, balconies in the suites and a hot tub on level 5. The Sea Spirit is a luxurious expedition vessel that seamlessly dispatches zodiacs and kayaks for excursions and exploration.
- Guests: 112
- Staff & Crew: 94
- Length: 90.6 m
- Breadth: 15.3 m
- Draft: 4.16 m
- Propulsion: Diesel – 4,720 horsepower
- Ice Class: 1D
- Cruising Speed: 14.5 knots in open water
Cabins & Amenities
- Library/Game Room
- Internet access
- Private facilities – sink, toilet shower, hairdryer and bathrobes in every cabin
- Multi-purpose presentation room with state-of-the-art equipment
- Stabilizers for smooth sailing
- Every cabin has an exterior view, individual temperature controls, a lounge area, refrigerator and in-room safe
- Resident Photographer to assist travelers
- Open Bar
- Cruise Price does not include international airfare. Port charges are included.
- All cabins are outside, with two lower beds and private shower and toilet. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
- Single occupancy of a twin cabin is available at: 1.7 times the twin rate in Main Deck, Classic and Superior Suites; and 2.0 times the twin rate in Deluxe, Premium and Owner Suites.
- Cabin share is available only in the following categories: Triple Classic, Main Deck, Classic and Superior Suites.
- Adventure options: Kayaking Antarctic Peninsula voyages – $795 (double kayaks only), Kayaking South Georgia and Falkland Island voyages – $895, Camping – $285. Kayaking is limited to 16 participants and camping 30. Adventure Options paid for at time of deposit.
- Emergency Medical/Evacuation Insurance to a minimum benefit of USD 200,000 is required and is not included in the trip cost.
- A fuel surcharge may be applied for all bookings if there is a substantial increase in fuel costs.
- 1 pre-voyage hotel night in Ushuaia;
- Group transfer to the ship on day of embarkation;
- Group transfer to airport or central location upon disembarkation in Ushuaia;
- Shipboard accommodations;
- All scheduled landings/excursions;
- All lectures and briefings onboard;
- All meals served aboard;
- Coffee/tea/cocoa/espresso 24 hours daily;
- Welcome drink and farewell dinner onboard;
- A pair of rubber boots on loan for shore landings;
- Expedition parka;
- All port fees;
- Pre-departure materials;
- Digital Voyage Log
Interested in this Trip? Contact Us Now
$5,999 – $10,999
$6,695 – $9,795
$6,550 – $12,100