Welcome Aboard the Ocean Diamond
OverviewThe Ocean Diamond is a modern, stable super-yacht, excellent for experiencing Antarctica. The ship carries a maximum of 189 passengers and features onboard amenities such as a massage and wellness program, a heated swimming pool and a well-stocked polar library. The Ocean Diamond is staffed with outstanding officers, expedition leaders, and guides.
The Ocean Diamond is a modern, stable super-yacht, excellent for experiencing Antarctica. The ship carries a maximum of 189 passengers and features onboard amenities such as a massage and wellness program, a heated swimming pool and a well-stocked polar library. The Ocean Diamond is staffed with outstanding officers, expedition leaders, and guides.
- Guests: 189
- Staff & Crew: 144
- Length: 124 meters
- Breadth: 16 meters
- Draft: 4.9 meters
- Propulsion: 2 Wichmann Engines, 7375 horsepower
- Ice Class: 1D
- Cruising speed: 15.5 knots
- Lifeboats: 4 fully enclosed
Cabins & Amenities
- Remote headsets available for remote presentations.
- Massage & Wellness Program, Photography Program
- Optional camping, kayaking, snowshoeing, skiing & mountaineering.
- Polar Library & Expert in Residence Program
- One-year enrollment in Friends of Scott Polar Research Institute (SPRI)
- All cabins and suites have private facilities & exterior views.
- All cabins have flat-screen TV, DVD player.
- Passenger elevator.
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender.
- Theater-style auditorium.
- Photography program includes the services of a resident photography instructor.
- Polar Library contains the largest collection of polar books & DVDs.
- Massage & Wellness program offers yoga classes, aromatherapy treatments & massage therapy.
- Cruise Price does not include international airfare. Port charges are included. All cabins are outside, with two lower beds and private shower and toilet. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
- Single cabin prices are 1.7 times the cost of the appropriate twin-share prices listed above except for superior and above which are 2x the price listed above.
- All trips subject to possible fuel surcharge.
- Kayaking – $995 (for those who want to kayak during entire voyage & have previous experience) OR
- Paddling – $225 (for those w/o experience who want to kayak one time during the voyage)
- Camping – $295
- Adventure options must be pre-booked and paid for prior to start of the trip. Space is subject to availability. Some activities require experience.
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin
- Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of US$100,000 per person
- Pre-night hotel in Ushuaia with breakfast included
- Group transfer to hotel upon arrival in Ushuaia
Upcoming Trips on the Ocean Diamond
$11,795 – $20,995
$21,995 – $39,795
$17,895 – $31,695
$11,295 – $20,395
$8,695 – $15,895
$8,695 – $15,895