Welcome Aboard the Ocean Nova
OverviewThe Ocean Nova is one of the most fuel-efficient vessels operating in the Polar Regions, carrying 67 passengers in 34 cabins, each with a sea view and private facilities. The ship was completely refurbished in 2006, and it is extremely quiet and highly maneuverable.
The Ocean Nova is one of the most fuel-efficient vessels operating in the Polar Regions, carrying 67 passengers in 34 cabins, each with a sea view and private facilities. The ship was completely refurbished in 2006, and it is extremely quiet and highly maneuverable. The Ocean Nova has a spectacular observation lounge with full view windows, the latest lecture and presentation equipment, and a complete bar. The aft library/lounge has wrap-around windows, comfortable chairs and a complete Polar library. The Ocean Nova operates Fly-Cruise expeditions along with the BAE-146 Airplane, which carries passengers over the Drake Passage. The BAE 146 was manufactured in the United Kingdom by British Aerospace. It is a high-wing aircraft with very short runway requirements which makes it particularly suited for these kind of destinations. It is operated by Aerovías DAP, which has more than 20 years of experience of flying in Patagonia and Antarctica.
- Maximum Passengers: 67
- Crew capacity: 34
- Place built: Denmark
- Country of registry: Bahamas
- Gross tonnage: 2 183
- Length: 73 metres
- Width: 11 meters
- Draft: 3,5 m
- Two fully enclosed lifeboats
- Ice Class: BV IceIB, Eo(Hull Ice 1A)
- Cruising speed: 10 knots
- Refurbished: 2006
Cabins & Amenities
- 34 outside cabins, all featuring private facilities
- Spacious dining room with unreserved seating: buffet-style breakfast with table service; table- service lunch and dinner with main course choices from a changing daily menu; cakes served in mid-afternoon
- Observation lounge and presentation room
- Lounge and bar, open late morning, afternoon and evening with a wide selection of wines and spirits; coffee, tea available all day
- Library with collection of polar-themed books
- Ship-to-shore communications via Fleet 77 phone, e-mail
Clinic with licensed doctor
- Exercise room
- Triple cabins are available only for 3 people booking together – not for single travelers wanting to share.
- A minimum of $50,000 USD worth of evacuation insurance is mandatory for these voyages.
- Rates are per person in the selected cabin. Single passengers can either book a Dedicated Single cabin, or book a Twin cabin for Single use with a supplement of 1,85 to be added to the rate per person in Twin cabin.
- Kayaking is offered on all voyages for $895 per person. Snowshoeing is offered on selected voyages for $195 per person.