Welcome Aboard the Greg Mortimer
OverviewAt just 340 feet (104 meters) long, the Greg Mortimer carries a maximum of 120 expeditioners to the polar regions. As one of the smallest ships in the polar expedition cruising fleet, its size and modern ice-strengthened hull (Class 1A, one category below a full ice-breaker) give you the ability to explore those places that larger ships can’t reach.
At just 340 feet (104 meters) long, the Greg Mortimer carries a maximum of 120 expeditioners to the polar regions. As one of the smallest ships in the polar expedition cruising fleet, its size and modern ice-strengthened hull (Class 1A, one category below a full ice-breaker) give you the ability to explore those places that larger ships can’t reach.
Exclusively designed for expedition cruising, the Greg Mortimer provides an authentic, small-ship experience. Thanks to its unique, patented X-Bow®, it is capable of fast, comfortable transit speeds with less fuel consumption and reduced emissions.
Designed to the latest Polar Code for non-intrusive, low-impact voyages, the Greg Mortimer features:
• Fuel-efficient Ulstein X-Bow®
• Reduced air emissions and light pollution
• Virtual anchoring for protection of the sea floor
• Reduced onboard plastic use
• Onboard water production
• Strict, onboard waste management
Year built: to be completed in 2019
Breadth: 18.2 m
Cruising Speed: 12 Knots
Full Speed: 15.5 Knots
Gross tonnage: 7400
Cabins & Amenities
The Greg Mortimer offers eighty comfortable staterooms ranging from porthole to balcony categories, all with en suite bathrooms and plenty of storage space. All staterooms feature twin or king bedding configuration, 80% include a private balcony, and 60% can accommodate a third person.
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner including house wines, beer and soft drinks, afternoon tea and snacks
- Pre-dinner drinks including canapés and bar snacks
- 24-hour complimentary coffee, tea and snacks
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell drinks including four-course dinner, house cocktails, house beer and wine, non-alcoholic beverages
- Large dining room/restaurant with family style dining
- Two bars/lounges
- Wellness Center (Gym, Massage Room, Sauna & Spa)
- Observation points: Indoor 180-degree lounge, Outdoor 360-degree open deck & 270-degree open sundeck
- Two hydraulic viewing platforms
- Open bridge policy
- Fleet of 15 zodiacs
- Spacious Lecture Room
- Flights included for Fly/Cruise itineraries
- All Antarctic voyages include one night’s pre-voyage accommodation and arrival airport transfer (on selected preferred flights)
- Single costs are 1.7 times the twin rate in all cabin categories
- Please note that emergency evacuation insurance is mandatory for all passengers joining an expedition to Antarctica.
- Adventure options must be pre-booked and paid for prior to start of the trip. Space is subject to availability. Some activities require experience.
Optional Adventure Activities:
- Ski/ Snowboard Touring
- Alpine hiking/climbing
- Polar Diving
- Stand-up paddleboarding
- Shackleton Crossing in South Georgia
- Camping (Free of Charge)
- Photography (Free of Charge)
Ask us about pricing for your preferred adventure option!
Upcoming Trips on the Greg Mortimer
$23,700 – $51,200