The 132-passenger Ocean Adventurer is one of the very few vessels in the world purpose-built for expedition voyages to remote polar regions like Antarctica. Formerly known as the Sea Adventurer, she underwent a multi-million dollar refurbishment in 2017. The Adventurer has an ice-strengthened hull that allows the ship to navigate safely through icy waters that are not accessible to conventional cruise vessels.
This small expedition ship has advanced communications and navigation equipment, and two new Rolls Royce motors, not to mention excellent stabilizers. The Adventurer has a contemporary look after its refurbishment, with all new furniture and carpeting, as well as six new cabins. It has two bars, a lounge, library, gym, sauna, gift shop and beauty salon.
- Passengers: 132
- Staff & Crew: 72
- Length: 100.58 m
- Breadth: 16.31 m
- Draft: 4.72 m
- Propulsion: Rolls Royce Diesel Twin Engines, 6 cylinder, 5400 horsepower
- Ice Class: A-1
- Cruising Speed: 12 knots in open water
Cabins & Amenities
- 65 outside cabins, all featuring private facilities, individual temperature controls, and in-room music.
- Decks 4 and 5 provide exterior access, with outside seating.
- Window-lined dining room on Deck 4 with unreserved seating: buffet-style breakfast or table service; table-service or buffet lunch, and table-service dinner. Main course choices from changing daily menu; cakes served in mid-afternoon.
- Lounge/Presentation Room that accommodates all guests.
- 2 bars.
- Library stocked with nautical books and board games.
- Gift shop.
- 24 hour beverage station
- Ship-to-shore communications via satellite, with email, and wireless, Internet access.
- Clinic with licensed doctor.
- Exercise room with elliptical trainer, hand weights, bike and floor mats.
- Massage therapist.
Please note: there is no passenger elevator between decks.
- Cruise Price does not include international airfare. Port charges are included. All cabins have two lower beds and private shower and toilet. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
- Single cabin prices are 1.7 times the cost of the appropriate twin-share prices listed above except for superior and above which are 2X the price listed above. All cabins are smoke-free.
- Smoking is only permitted in designated areas only, as outlines by the Expedition Leader at the Initial Briefing.
- Rates include mandatory emergency evacuation insurance for all passengers to a maximum of $100.000,00 per person.
- Adventure options: Kayaking $950, Camping $225, Snowshoe is included. Adventure options must be pre-booked and paid for prior to start of the trip. Space is subject to availability. Some activities require experience.
- All trips subject to possible fuel surcharge.
Upcoming Trips on the Ocean Adventurer
$7,395 – $14,795
$9,495 – $169,995
$15,395 – $30,595
$9,495 – $18,995
$5,795 – $13,295
$5,795 – $13,295
$7,895 – $17,395
$3,495 – $8,295