About the Arctic Complete: Iceland & Greenland + Svalbard Circumnavigation Itinerary
Combines the ‘Jewels of the Arctic’ & ‘Svalbard Odyssey’ itineraries for a complete exploration of the European Arctic’s west side. From Reykjavik, embark on a voyage for Greenland’s unforgettable fjords, towering icebergs, Inuit culture, musk oxen and Arctic hare. Enjoy Svalbard’s tundra in late season bloom, access to Hinlopen Strait bird cliffs, walrus and polar bears. Highlights • Photograph dazzling, towering icebergs in Scoresbysund • Climb to Greenland’s beautiful, rarely trodden summits • Paddle kayaks beneath soaring, buzzing bird cliffs • Search pack ice for polar bears and seals • Visit Ittoqqortoormiit, East Greenland's remote Inuit village • Explore Svalbard’s unique, glacially-stunted polar desert
Day 1 & 2: Reikjavik Iceland - Denmark Strait
In Reykjavik, make your own way to the pier in late afternoon to be welcomed on board the Greg Mortimer. Cross Denmark Strait, watching for northern fulmars, orcas and dolphins.
Days 3 to 6: Southeast Greenland
Explore Scoresbysund, cruise Bear Islands, paddle spectacular Ø Fjord and visit Inuit center at Ittoqqortoormiit.
Days 7 to 9: East Greenland
Enter Kong Oscar Fjord for spectacular landscapes, possible landings at flower-rich Botanikerbugt and historic Ella Island.
Days 10 to 12: Greenland Sea
Relax while crossing the Greenland Sea to Svalbard, photographing seabirds, searching for pack ice, polar bears and enjoying informative talks.
Days 13 to 17: Northwest Svalbard
Spectacular calving glaciers of Magdalenefjörden; historic whaling sites; photographing reindeer, tundra wildflowers, seabirds, walrus and possibly polar bears. Enter pack ice, where polar bears stalk seals, walrus haulout on Moffen Island.
Days 18 to 22: East Svalbard
Attempt to navigate Hinlopen Strait, visit the raucous guillemot cliff at Alkefjellet, perhaps land on Barentsøya and Edgeøya islands. Explore deep fjords of Hornsund and Bellsund, with stunning glaciers, arctic fox, Norwegian reindeer and walrus
Days 23-24: Southeast Svalbard to Longyearbyen
Cruise glorious Isfjorden before returning to Longyearbyen where we disembark and transfer to the airport.
Welcome Aboard the Greg Mortimer
At just 340 feet (104 meters) long, the Greg Mortimer carries a maximum of 120 expeditioners to the polar regions. As one of the smallest ships in the polar expedition cruising fleet, its size and modern ice-strengthened hull (Class 1A, one category below a full ice-breaker) give you the ability to explore those places that larger ships can’t reach.
Exclusively designed for expedition cruising, the Greg Mortimer provides an authentic, small-ship experience. Thanks to its unique, patented X-Bow®, it is capable of fast, comfortable transit speeds with less fuel consumption and reduced emissions.
Designed to the latest Polar Code for non-intrusive, low-impact voyages, the Greg Mortimer features:
• Fuel-efficient Ulstein X-Bow®
• Reduced air emissions and light pollution
• Virtual anchoring for protection of the sea floor
• Reduced onboard plastic use
• Onboard water production
• Strict, onboard waste management
Year built: to be completed in 2019
Breadth: 18.2 m
Cruising Speed: 12 Knots
Full Speed: 15.5 Knots
Gross tonnage: 7400
Cabins & Amenities
The Greg Mortimer offers eighty comfortable staterooms ranging from porthole to balcony categories, all with en suite bathrooms and plenty of storage space. All staterooms feature twin or king bedding configuration, 80% include a private balcony, and 60% can accommodate a third person.
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner including house wines, beer and soft drinks, afternoon tea and snacks
- Pre-dinner drinks including canapés and bar snacks
- 24-hour complimentary coffee, tea and snacks
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell drinks including four-course dinner, house cocktails, house beer and wine, non-alcoholic beverages
- Large dining room/restaurant with family style dining
- Two bars/lounges
- Wellness Center (Gym, Massage Room, Sauna & Spa)
- Observation points: Indoor 180-degree lounge, Outdoor 360-degree open deck & 270-degree open sundeck
- Two hydraulic viewing platforms
- Open bridge policy
- Fleet of 15 zodiacs
- Spacious Lecture Room
- Flights included for Fly/Cruise itineraries
- All Antarctic voyages include one night’s pre-voyage accommodation and arrival airport transfer (on selected preferred flights)
- Single costs are 1.7 times the twin rate in all cabin categories
- Please note that emergency evacuation insurance is mandatory for all passengers joining an expedition to Antarctica.
- Adventure options must be pre-booked and paid for prior to start of the trip. Space is subject to availability. Some activities require experience.
Optional Adventure Activities:
- Ski/ Snowboard Touring
- Alpine hiking/climbing
- Polar Diving
- Stand-up paddleboarding
- Shackleton Crossing in South Georgia
- Camping (Free of Charge)
- Photography (Free of Charge)
Ask us about pricing for your preferred adventure option!
Interested in this Trip? Contact Us Now
$8,795 – $21,495
$11,600 – $22,200