The Kapitan Khlebnikov is a polar-class icebreaker combing power and technology with comfort. No passenger ship has transited the Northwest Passage more often than the renowned Kapitan Khlebnikov. Originally designed to take on the rigors of northern Siberia, the 24,000 horsepower engine and advanced ice-breaking technology take you places no other ship can.
The ship offers 52 outside cabins and suites, all featuring private facilities, large windows, desk, hair dryer, robes, and large closets.
- Staff and Crew: 70
- Guests: 110
- Length: 122.50 meters
- Breadth: 26.50 meters
- Draft: 8.50 meters
- Propulsion: Diesel-electric engines – 24,000 total horsepower
- Ice Class: LL3
- Cruising Speed: 15 knots
Cabins & Amenities
- 51 cabins and suites featuring private facilities, large windows, a desk, hair dryer, robes and large closets
- All suites have sitting room separated from the bedroom, TV and DVD player
- Dining room with unreserved seating
- Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
- Coffee, tea and snacks served around the clock
- Lounge and bar staffed by a professional bartender
- Passenger elevator
- Heated indoor plunge pool
- Theater-style auditorium with state of the art equipment, for daily presentations from the Expedition Team
- Polar Library stocked with books and DVDs
- Polar Boutique
- Clinic with licensed doctor
Embracing the unexpected is part of the legacy—and excitement—of expedition travel. When traveling in extremely remote regions, your expedition team must allow the sea, the ice and the weather to guide route and itinerary details. This itinerary is a tentative outline of what you’ll experience on this voyage; please be aware that no specific itinerary can be guaranteed. A measure of flexibility is something all of us must bring to a polar expedition.