Falklands, South Georgia, and Antarctica Cruise/Fly to Chile
Summer comes to South Georgia’s remote, untamed landscape like a freight train. Famed for its abandoned whaling stations and Shackleton’s heroic journey, South Georgia is home to millions of fur seals and penguins, wallows of elephant seals, and nesting albatross. We arrive at the breeding cycle peak, as chicks become juveniles, parents shuttle fish and seal pups thrill with mock charges. Retracing Shackleton’s boat voyage, we visit Elephant Island before continuing south along the Antarctic Peninsula. Days remain long, and filled with humpback and minke whales, penguins and leopard seals, historic sites and scientific stations
• Explore the most accessible and wildlife-rich region of Antarctica
• Daily shore visits and Zodiac cruises offer close encounters with penguins, whales, seals and sea birds
• Visit historic research huts and working scientific stations
• Be surrounded by massive icebergs and cruise past ancient glaciers
• Enjoy the pristine beauty and vast landscapes
• Witness the endless sunlight of the midnight sun
• Learn about Antarctica’s unique geology, history and wildlife from our expert team
• Kayakers will glide through narrow sheltered waterways and fjords, paddle amongst ice floes and drift quietly alongside wildlife
• Witness the incredible wildlife of South Georgia, one of the greatest wildlife concentrations on the planet
• Visit some of the world’s largest king penguin rookeries and search for wandering albatross on nests
• See beaches thick with elephant and fur seals
• Cruise past Elephant Island’s dramatic north coast (weather permitting)
• Trace the final leg of Sir Ernest Shackleton’s perilous journey from Fortuna Bay to Stromness
• Pay your respects to the great explorer at a visit to his gravesite at Grytviken
Itinerary in Brief
- Day 1: Arrival Punta Arenas and getting ready for the Expedition Cruise
- Day 2: Flying the Drake. Flight to King George Island, Embarkation.
- Days 3-4: Antarctic Sound, Weddell Sea and Elephant Island.
- Days 5-6: At sea between Antarctica and South Georgia
- Days 7-10: Wildlife wonder of South Georgia
- Days 11-12: At sea towards Falkland Islands
- Day 13: Port Stanley, Disembarkation. City Tour and Transfer to Airport for home flight.