Welcome Aboard the MS Fram
MS Fram was built in 2007 with one mission in mind: to bring guests closer to nature, wildlife and unforgettable experiences. Fram was named after the polar ship built by Fridtjof Nansen, who explored Greenland in the late 1800s. The ship’s name, in fact, had to be approved by Oslo’s Fram Museum. Artists from Greenland were commissioned to create the ship’s original artwork, which complements MS Fram’sNordic ambience. Interior design is characterized by extensive use of wool, leather, and oak. The ship’s glass-enclosed observation salon offers panoramic views of the scenic destinations. Other highlights include a wellness center with sauna, fitness room, two glass-enclosed outdoor whirlpools, a bistro, and ship’s library.
MS Fram is designed for sailing in polar waters, with the highest safety standards, and is the perfect size for optimum nautical manoeuvrability and guests’ comfort. With space for 256 guests, prepare to share stunning sights and memories of a lifetime long after returning home.
- Guests: 256
- Crew: 50
- Length: 374 feet
- Breadth: 67 feet
- Gross tons: 12,700
- Ice Class: 1B
- Cruising Speed: 13 knots
- Shipyard: Fincantieri, Italy
- Registered: Tromso, Norway
Cabins & Amenities
- One main dining room, one cafe
- All cabins and suites have private facilities & TVs
- Passenger elevator
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender
- Well-appointed gym
- Hot tubs & sauna
- Polar Library with large collection of polar books
- 8 decks
- Computer room
- Cruise Price does not include international airfare. Port charges are included. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
- Adventure Options: Some activities can be purchased before voyage. Options such as camping, kayaking & speical zodiac cruises can be purchased onboard. Space is subject to availability. Some activities require experience. All trips subject to possible fuel surcharge.