Classic Antarctica in Depth Air Cruise
For those who don’t have the time or are not interested in cruising across the Drake Passage, this is the trip for you. Take a three-hour flight over Cape Horn and the mythical waters of the Drake Passage, landing you on one of the most spectacular places on earth: the coldest, highest, windiest, driest, and remotest continent – Antarctica. Once you arrive to the South Shetland Islands, embark on your expedition vessel to explore the White Continent in-depth. Voyages aim to make two excursions per day, highlighting the wildlife, geography, history and importance of the last continent.
Want to fly one Drake Passage and cruise the other? Check out the Fly & Cruise the Drake itineraries.
* Itineraries on our website are intended only as a guide and you should consult our team for detailed itineraries on specific voyages.
Length of Travel: 11-12 days
Itinerary in Brief
- Day 1: Arrive in Punta Arenas, Chile and enjoy welcome dinner and briefing
- Day 2: Fly from Punta Arenas to King George Island
- Days 3-10: Antarctic Peninsula & South Shetland Islands
- Day 11: Fly from King George Island to Punta Arenas
- Day 12: Punta Arenas