About the Spitsbergen Classic Itinerary
A Spitsbergen Classic trip provides you with the opportunity to get a taste of everything the Arctic has to offer, from polar bears and walrus to spectacular mountains and glaciers. You will have the opportunity for hiking on shore as well as exploring and enjoying the beauty of Svalbard from zodiacs and your vessel.
Your adventure starts in Longyearbyen. Founded as a mining town a century ago by Mr Longyear, it is now the administrative center for Svalbard and is home to the Svalbard Museum which can provide a good historical background for your journey.
You will board your ship and meet your fellow travelers.
Your adventure continues as you will travel around Spitsbergen, the largest island in the Svalbard archipelago. Your travel will focus on the western and northern sides of the island. During your journey you can expect to see a variety of natural and historical sites.
Each trip is unique depending on the weather and ice conditions.
Your adventure ends back in Longyearbyen where you will disembark your boat and travel home.
Welcome Aboard the Sea Spirit
Carrying a maximum of 112 passengers, this outstanding vessel combines luxury with expedition cruising. All cabins have facilities en suite, king-size beds and exterior views. She boasts all the amenities of a fine hotel, including an open bar, balconies in the suites and a hot tub on level 5. The Sea Spirit is a luxurious expedition vessel that seamlessly dispatches zodiacs and kayaks for excursions and exploration.
- Guests: 112
- Staff & Crew: 94
- Length: 90.6 m
- Breadth: 15.3 m
- Draft: 4.16 m
- Propulsion: Diesel – 4,720 horsepower
- Ice Class: 1D
- Cruising Speed: 14.5 knots in open water
Cabins & Amenities
- Library/Game Room
- Internet access
- Private facilities – sink, toilet shower, hairdryer and bathrobes in every cabin
- Multi-purpose presentation room with state-of-the-art equipment
- Stabilizers for smooth sailing
- Every cabin has an exterior view, individual temperature controls, a lounge area, refrigerator and in-room safe
- Resident Photographer to assist travelers
- Open Bar
- Cruise Price does not include international airfare. Port charges are included.
- All cabins are outside, with two lower beds and private shower and toilet. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
- Single occupancy of a twin cabin is available at: 1.7 times the twin rate in Main Deck, Classic and Superior Suites; and 2.0 times the twin rate in Deluxe, Premium and Owner Suites.
- Cabin share is available only in the following categories: Triple Classic, Main Deck, Classic and Superior Suites.
- Adventure options: Kayaking Antarctic Peninsula voyages – $795 (double kayaks only), Kayaking South Georgia and Falkland Island voyages – $895, Camping – $285. Kayaking is limited to 16 participants and camping 30. Adventure Options paid for at time of deposit.
- Emergency Medical/Evacuation Insurance to a minimum benefit of USD 200,000 is required and is not included in the trip cost.
- A fuel surcharge may be applied for all bookings if there is a substantial increase in fuel costs.
- 1 pre-voyage hotel night in Ushuaia;
- Group transfer to the ship on day of embarkation;
- Group transfer to airport or central location upon disembarkation in Ushuaia;
- Shipboard accommodations;
- All scheduled landings/excursions;
- All lectures and briefings onboard;
- All meals served aboard;
- Coffee/tea/cocoa/espresso 24 hours daily;
- Welcome drink and farewell dinner onboard;
- A pair of rubber boots on loan for shore landings;
- Expedition parka;
- All port fees;
- Pre-departure materials;
- Digital Voyage Log
$5,895 – $14,295
$6,400 – $12,100
$7,295 – $17,795