Sorry, this trip has already happened.
Click here to view all upcoming trips.
About the Spitsbergen Express Itinerary
New for 2018! This 6-day expedition packs all the excitement of Spitsbergen into less than a week. Majestic peaks, massive glaciers and towering fjords contrast with the vividly colored tundra, which plays host to a surprisingly thriving and varied ecosystem.
Day 1- Longyearbyen
Embarkation and departure through Isfjord.
Day 2-5 Explore Spitsbergen
Explore the coast, glaciers and look for Polar Bears, Walruses, Arctic Foxes, Little Auks, Puffins and many more species!
Day 6- Longyearbyen
Disembark in Longyearbyen. Make sure to visit the Svalbard museum before you leave!
Welcome Aboard the Ocean Atlantic
Ocean Atlantic is the perfect vessel for expedition cruising in Antarctic waters! Newly renovated in 2016 and with an international ice class rating of 1B, she is one of the strongest ships operating in Antarctica. Her high maneuverability, shallow draft and strong engines allow for extended voyages
into isolated fjords, creating exciting adventures for any Antarctica traveler. Ocean Atlantic is newly renovated with elegant common areas and accommodation for 198 passengers.
- Crew: 140
- Passengers: 214
- Length: 140 m
- Breadth: 21 m
- Draft : 5.8 m
- Engines: 4 x 3,600 kW
- Ice class: 1B
- Speed, cruising: 12 knots
- Speed, maximum: 15 knots
- Elevators: 2
- Stabilizers: 2
- Zodiacs: 20
- Lifeboats, covered: 4
Cabins & Amenities
All private cabins are stylish appointed and feature:
- individual bathroom facilities
- phone for internal calls
- individual temperature controls and TV
Ideal for relaxation, the vessels’ accommodation ranges in size from 11 – 35 m2 and are designed with either portholes or windows.
This ice-class vessel is perfectly equipped to sail in ice-choked polar seas.
- Bright, spacious restaurant providing 4-star international cuisine
- Two well-stocked, professionally staffed Bars
- Comfortable Lounge Area
- On-board hospital run by a licensed doctor
- Library with a wide range of polar books and DVDs
- Lecture Theatre
- Laundry service
- Accommodation in shared or private cabins
- English-speaking expedition team
- Shore landings by Zodiac
- Zodiac excursions
- Information briefings and lectures by expedition team
- Full board on the ship
- Free coffee and tea on the ship 24 hours
- Boots in all assorted sizes, suitable for shore landings
- Port fees, taxes and tariffs, IAATO fees
- Sea Kayaking
- Flights to/from the city of departure
- Hotel accommodation in the city of departure
- Travel insurance or Emergency Evacuation Insurance
- Cancellation insurance
- Extra excursions and activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Single cabin supplement and cabin upgrades
- Meals not on board the ship
- Beverages (other than coffee, tea and ice water)
- Tips for ship crew (approx. 13.5 USD per person per day)
- Personal expenses (laundry, internet, etc)
Full - Cat G: Outside Single Cabin
Limited - Cat F: Inside Triple Cabin
Full - Cat E: Inside Cabin