About the Spitsbergen Classic Itinerary
A Spitsbergen Classic trip provides you with the opportunity to get a taste of everything the Arctic has to offer, from polar bears and walrus to spectacular mountains and glaciers. You will have the opportunity for hiking on shore as well as exploring and enjoying the beauty of Svalbard from zodiacs and your vessel.
Your adventure starts in Longyearbyen. Founded as a mining town a century ago by Mr Longyear, it is now the administrative center for Svalbard and is home to the Svalbard Museum which can provide a good historical background for your journey.
You will board your ship and meet your fellow travelers.
Your adventure continues as you will travel around Spitsbergen, the largest island in the Svalbard archipelago. Your travel will focus on the western and northern sides of the island. During your journey you can expect to see a variety of natural and historical sites.
Each trip is unique depending on the weather and ice conditions.
Your adventure ends back in Longyearbyen where you will disembark your boat and travel home.
Welcome Aboard the World Explorer
Distinct and comfortable, refined and roomy—these attributes and more describe World Explorer. Not only will it be among our fastest ships, it will also be one of our finest, with six tiers of deluxe accommodation.
The personal space is exceptional. Every cabin has either a private walk-out or Juliet balcony for direct ocean views. World Explorer also delivers plenty of public areas to unwind in after a day outdoors, including the glass-domed Observation Lounge for quiet contemplation and full skyline views, the Explorer Lounge for a drink and a chat, and the library for more intimate relaxing and reading. Presentations and discussions are facilitated in a dedicated lecture theatre.
Health and wellness facilities feature an outdoor running track, a small gym and a sauna, plus a spa with change rooms, showers and lockers. For the active adventurers, add-ons include kayaking, camping and stand-up paddleboarding.
Blending high design with total functionality, World Explorer is all set to be your home away from home on the seas.
- Staff and Crew: 125
- Guests: 176
- Length: 126 meters
- Breadth: 19 meters
- Draft: 4.7 meters
- Propulsion: 2 x Rolls Royce 9,000 kw hybrid diesel/electric
- Ice Class: 1B
- Cruising Speed: 16 knots, in open water
- Registration: Portugal
- Lifeboats: 2, fully-enclosed
Cabins & Amenities
- All cabins have exterior views and private bathroom facilities
- TV and safe in every cabin
- Individual temperature controls
- Electrical supply: 220v
- Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
- One dining room with unreserved seating
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender serving a selection of soft drinks, juices, liquors, spirits, beer and wine, which can be charged to your shipboard account
- Comfortable lounge area for reading or relaxing with a cup of coffee
- Observation decks for spotting wildlife and enjoying the ever-changing polar landscape
- Polar library stocked with a large collection of polar books, and games
- Pool & sauna
- Spa facilities and wellness program
- Lecture theatre
- Polar Boutique
- Ship-to-shore satellite communications with email and wireless Internet access
- Cruise Price does not include international airfare. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
- Single supplement 1.7x twin rate for Infinity and Veranda & 2x twin rate for Superior, Deluxe and Owner’s.
- Gratuities included.
- Drinks included. Soft drinks & juices all the time. House wine & non-premium beer at dinner.
- Adventure Options: Kayaking – $995 (for those who want to kayak during entire voyage & have previous experience) OR paddling – $225 (for those w/o experience who want to kayak one time during the voyage), Camping – $295, Stand-up Paddleboarding – $225, Snowshoe-Included. Adventure options must be pre-booked and paid for prior to start of the trip. Space is subject to availability.
- All trips subject to possible fuel surcharge.
Interested in this Trip? Contact Us Now
$2,700 – $7,000
$5,895 – $14,295
$3,995 – $8,995