About the Spitsbergen & East Greenland Itinerary
This fantastic expedition cruise takes you from high above the Arctic Circle in Spitsbergen, Norway to Scoresby Sund, Greenland, ending in fascinating Iceland. Iconic arctic animals such as the polar bear, musk ox, reindeer and walrus are commonly seen. From active volcanoes to massive glaciers to the best sites for wildlife spotting, this adventure takes in varied destinations.
Your journey begins in Longyearbyen, the administrative capital of Svalbard, Norway. You will board your ship and sail out in the evening.
Your journey continues as you explore Spitsbergen, the largest island of the Svalbard archipelago. The flexible itinerary allows the expedition to take advantage of the current conditions to maximize flora and fauna sightings. You might be lucky enough to see polar bears and reindeers among the glaciers. Seals and Arctic foxes are common sightings around the island! Your ship will have smaller Zodiacs to explore the island up-close.
As your ship makes its way to Greenland be sure to watch out for whales and other sea mammals! While at sea you can enjoy lectures, a drink at the bar, and socializing with other passengers. There is plenty to do as you make your way across the Greenland Sea.
As the largest national park in the world, Northeast Greenland National Park provides endless opportunities for scenic photography and exploration. Weather permitting voyages in Zodiacs will allow you to step foot in this wilderness and explore glaciers and inlets.
In addition to the amazing wildlife and natural scenery, you will hopefully have the chance to see the settlement of Ittoqqortoomiit, an isolated settlement with less than 500 inhabitants and only accessible by boat for several months of the year.
Be sure to check the sky at night for Northern lights!
Continue to enjoy lectures, bird-watching, and whale-sightings as you head to Iceland across the Denmark Sea.
Disembark in Iceland.
Welcome Aboard the Sea Spirit
Carrying a maximum of 112 passengers, this outstanding vessel combines luxury with expedition cruising. All cabins have facilities en suite, king-size beds and exterior views. She boasts all the amenities of a fine hotel, including an open bar, balconies in the suites and a hot tub on level 5. The Sea Spirit is a luxurious expedition vessel that seamlessly dispatches zodiacs and kayaks for excursions and exploration.
- Guests: 112
- Staff & Crew: 94
- Length: 90.6 m
- Breadth: 15.3 m
- Draft: 4.16 m
- Propulsion: Diesel – 4,720 horsepower
- Ice Class: 1D
- Cruising Speed: 14.5 knots in open water
Cabins & Amenities
- Library/Game Room
- Internet access
- Private facilities – sink, toilet shower, hairdryer and bathrobes in every cabin
- Multi-purpose presentation room with state-of-the-art equipment
- Stabilizers for smooth sailing
- Every cabin has an exterior view, individual temperature controls, a lounge area, refrigerator and in-room safe
- Resident Photographer to assist travelers
- Open Bar
- Cruise Price does not include international airfare. Port charges are included.
- All cabins are outside, with two lower beds and private shower and toilet. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
- Single occupancy of a twin cabin is available at: 1.7 times the twin rate in Main Deck, Classic and Superior Suites; and 2.0 times the twin rate in Deluxe, Premium and Owner Suites.
- Cabin share is available only in the following categories: Triple Classic, Main Deck, Classic and Superior Suites.
- Adventure options: Kayaking Antarctic Peninsula voyages – $795 (double kayaks only), Kayaking South Georgia and Falkland Island voyages – $895, Camping – $285. Kayaking is limited to 16 participants and camping 30. Adventure Options paid for at time of deposit.
- Emergency Medical/Evacuation Insurance to a minimum benefit of USD 200,000 is required and is not included in the trip cost.
- A fuel surcharge may be applied for all bookings if there is a substantial increase in fuel costs.
- 1 pre-voyage hotel night in Ushuaia;
- Group transfer to the ship on day of embarkation;
- Group transfer to airport or central location upon disembarkation in Ushuaia;
- Shipboard accommodations;
- All scheduled landings/excursions;
- All lectures and briefings onboard;
- All meals served aboard;
- Coffee/tea/cocoa/espresso 24 hours daily;
- Welcome drink and farewell dinner onboard;
- A pair of rubber boots on loan for shore landings;
- Expedition parka;
- All port fees;
- Pre-departure materials;
- Digital Voyage Log
Interested in this Trip? Contact Us Now
$13,200 – $25,100
$11,600 – $22,200