About the Spitsbergen Classic Itinerary
A Spitsbergen Classic trip provides you with the opportunity to get a taste of everything the Arctic has to offer, from polar bears and walrus to spectacular mountains and glaciers. You will have the opportunity for hiking on shore as well as exploring and enjoying the beauty of Svalbard from zodiacs and your vessel.
Your adventure starts in Longyearbyen. Founded as a mining town a century ago by Mr Longyear, it is now the administrative center for Svalbard and is home to the Svalbard Museum which can provide a good historical background for your journey.
You will board your ship and meet your fellow travelers.
Your adventure continues as you will travel around Spitsbergen, the largest island in the Svalbard archipelago. Your travel will focus on the western and northern sides of the island. During your journey you can expect to see a variety of natural and historical sites.
Each trip is unique depending on the weather and ice conditions.
Your adventure ends back in Longyearbyen where you will disembark your boat and travel home.
Welcome Aboard the Expedition
With a maximum of 134 passengers, the Expedition provides an intimate small ship cruising experience. Completely refurbished in 2009, she boasts spacious cabins, each featuring ocean-facing windows or portholes and private en-suite facilities. Large common areas and observation decks provide panoramic views of the distinctive landscapes of some of the most remote regions on earth. The Expedition delivers it space, comfort and expertise at a price that few can better.
- Passenger Capacity: 134 (maximum)
- Crew: 53
- Built: Helsingr Skibsvaerft, Denmark, 1972 (2009)
- Ice Class: Swedish/Finnish 1B
- Length: 105m (345 ft)
- Breadth: 18.6m (61 ft)
- Max Draft: 4.7m (15 ft)
- Gross Tonnage: 6334 GRT
- Cruising Speed: 14.5 knots
- Stabilizers: Fins, Type Brown/AEG
Cabins & Amenities
- Observation Deck
- Fleet of 14 zodiacs
- Complimentary Bogs Boots for duration of your cruise
- Complimentary reusable water bottle for every passenger
- Large Mud Room
- Discovery Lounge
- Fine dining – one sitting
- Polar Bear Pub
- Gift Shop
- Medical Clinic
- Computer Room
- Public Telephone
- Single Supplement is 1.7 times the regular price.
- Please note that evacuation insurance is mandatory on all cruises.
- Camping Excursion: $349 per person
- Kayaking Excursion: $999 per person (Antarctica Classic), $1199 (Antarctica Classic In Depth & Quest for the Antarctic Circle), $1499 (Spirit of Shackleton & Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica)
- Adventure options must be pre-booked and paid for prior to start of the trip. Space is subject to availability. Some activities require experience.
- Promos cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or discount.
- All trips subject to possible fuel surcharge.
$5,795 – $13,295
$2,500 – $6,600
$4,050 – $7,350