Sorry, this trip has already happened.
Click here to view all upcoming trips.
About the Spitsbergen & East Greenland Itinerary
This fantastic expedition cruise takes you from high above the Arctic Circle in Spitsbergen, Norway to Scoresby Sund, Greenland, ending in fascinating Iceland. Iconic arctic animals such as the polar bear, musk ox, reindeer and walrus are commonly seen. From active volcanoes to massive glaciers to the best sites for wildlife spotting, this adventure takes in varied destinations.
Your journey begins in Longyearbyen, the administrative capital of Svalbard, Norway. You will board your ship and sail out in the evening.
Your journey continues as you explore Spitsbergen, the largest island of the Svalbard archipelago. The flexible itinerary allows the expedition to take advantage of the current conditions to maximize flora and fauna sightings. You might be lucky enough to see polar bears and reindeers among the glaciers. Seals and Arctic foxes are common sightings around the island! Your ship will have smaller Zodiacs to explore the island up-close.
As your ship makes its way to Greenland be sure to watch out for whales and other sea mammals! While at sea you can enjoy lectures, a drink at the bar, and socializing with other passengers. There is plenty to do as you make your way across the Greenland Sea.
As the largest national park in the world, Northeast Greenland National Park provides endless opportunities for scenic photography and exploration. Weather permitting voyages in Zodiacs will allow you to step foot in this wilderness and explore glaciers and inlets.
In addition to the amazing wildlife and natural scenery, you will hopefully have the chance to see the settlement of Ittoqqortoomiit, an isolated settlement with less than 500 inhabitants and only accessible by boat for several months of the year.
Be sure to check the sky at night for Northern lights!
Continue to enjoy lectures, bird-watching, and whale-sightings as you head to Iceland across the Denmark Sea.
Disembark in Iceland.
Welcome Aboard the Expedition
With a maximum of 134 passengers, the Expedition provides an intimate small ship cruising experience. Completely refurbished in 2009, she boasts spacious cabins, each featuring ocean-facing windows or portholes and private en-suite facilities. Large common areas and observation decks provide panoramic views of the distinctive landscapes of some of the most remote regions on earth. The Expedition delivers it space, comfort and expertise at a price that few can better.
- Passenger Capacity: 134 (maximum)
- Crew: 53
- Built: Helsingr Skibsvaerft, Denmark, 1972 (2009)
- Ice Class: Swedish/Finnish 1B
- Length: 105m (345 ft)
- Breadth: 18.6m (61 ft)
- Max Draft: 4.7m (15 ft)
- Gross Tonnage: 6334 GRT
- Cruising Speed: 14.5 knots
- Stabilizers: Fins, Type Brown/AEG
Cabins & Amenities
- Observation Deck
- Fleet of 14 zodiacs
- Complimentary Bogs Boots for duration of your cruise
- Complimentary reusable water bottle for every passenger
- Large Mud Room
- Discovery Lounge
- Fine dining – one sitting
- Polar Bear Pub
- Gift Shop
- Medical Clinic
- Computer Room
- Public Telephone
- Single Supplement is 1.7 times the regular price.
- Please note that evacuation insurance is mandatory on all cruises.
- Camping Excursion: $349 per person
- Kayaking Excursion: $999 per person (Antarctica Classic), $1199 (Antarctica Classic In Depth & Quest for the Antarctic Circle), $1499 (Spirit of Shackleton & Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica)
- Adventure options must be pre-booked and paid for prior to start of the trip. Space is subject to availability. Some activities require experience.
- Promos cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or discount.
- All trips subject to possible fuel surcharge.
Interested in this Trip? Contact Us Now
$6,695 – $9,795