About the Express Air Cruise Itinerary
For those who are limited by time but want a taste of Antarctica, this is the voyage for you. Experience the best of both worlds with one-way cruise and one-way flight, from Ushuaia and ending in Punta Arenas, Chile. This voyage adds in the bonus of a landing on mythical Cape Horn, if conditions allow. Experience the southernmost reaches of the world in an “express” version.
Day 1: Ushuaia, Argentina
Your journey begins in Ushuaia, Argentina, the southernmost ‘city’ in the world. Board in the afternoon and sail along the Beagle Channel towards Puerto Williams, Chile, the southernmost ‘town’ in the world. Explore the surroundings before setting sail to Cape Horn.
Day 2: Cape Horn
After an overnight crossing of Nassau Bay, you awake in full view of legendary Cape Horn! Weather permitting, board a Zodiac and be one of the few privileged adventurers to step foot on this famous and rarely visited island. Back on board, set sail towards Antarctica and cross the famous passage named in honour of Sir Francis Drake, the great 16th century British explorer.
Day 3: Drake Passage
As you sail through the Drake Passage en route to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands, attend an engaging program of lectures and presentations. In the company of expert guides, watch for wildlife from the glass-enclosed lounge or from the outside decks. You may spot magnificent sea birds, such as albatrosses and petrels, as well as different species of whales on their way south to Antarctica.
Day 4: Arrival to South Shetland Islands
After crossing the Antarctic Convergence, the environment changes noticeably. Keep your camera ready, as this is the time to watch for the first icebergs and the first sight of Antarctic land. Reaching the South Shetland Islands, sail in ice-filled bays, while enjoying the company of sea birds, penguins, seals and whales. Board a Zodiac for your first memorable shore visit to a penguin colony. Taking advantage of the endless Antarctic daylight, exploration will continue well into the evening.
Day 5: South Shetland Islands & Flight to Punta Arenas
Upon reaching King George Island, disembark at Fildes Bay and explore the area, such as the Chilean Base Frei and the Russian Base Bellingshausen. Bid farewell to Antarctica before boarding the flight back to Punta Arenas, Chile. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for the night. (Note: Meals in Punta Arenas are at your leisure and not included in the program.).
Day 6: Punta Arenas departure
After breakfast, transfer to the Punta Arenas airport for your onward flight.
Welcome Aboard the Hebridean Sky
The Hebridean Sky, formerly known as the Sea Explorer, has always been known for its elegance, impeccable service and atmosphere of charm and camaraderie. This ship recently underwent a ten million dollar refit and now boasts the same amenities as always, plus state of the art stabilization, fuel efficiency, and upgraded communications systems. The Hebridean Sky is the perfect blend of luxury and adventurous exploration with a dedicated Passenger Service Manager, and kayaks as well as a camping option to spend a night on the ice.
She is an all-suite yacht accommodating up to 112 guests. Built in 1992, each suite features:
- Sea view
- Queen-sized bed separable into two twin-sized beds
- Sitting area with sofa and side chair
- Flat screen TV with DVD/CD player
- Independent temperature controls
- Marble-appointed bathroom with fine toiletries
- hair dryer
- 220 square feet or more
- Sofa con be converted to bed for third person
In addition Promenade, Deluxe, Veranda & Penthouse Suites include:
- En suite Champagne & Chocolates on Arrival
- Complimentary mini-bar (beer, wine & soft drinks)
- $100 per person Gift Shop credit
- En suite Nespresso machine
Owner’s Suite (385 sq.ft.), Penthouse Suites (325 sq.ft.) and Veranda Suites (260 sq.ft.) feature private balconies.
- Maximum Passengers: 112
- Crew capacity: 70
- Country of registry: Marshall Islands
- Gross tonnage: 4200
- Length: 90.6 M
- Width: 15.3 M
- Draft: 5.14 M
- Ice Class: 1C
- Cruising speed: 14.5 knots
- Refurbished: 2005, 2014, 2016
- Zodiacs: 10
- Official language: English
Cabins & Amenities
- World class cuisine
- Complimentary wine or beer served with dinner
- Coffee & tea station
- Live entertainment
- Library with computers and internet access
- Lounge with audiovisual facilities
- Dedicated Passenger Services Manager
- Every suite has an exterior view, individual temperature controls, a lounge area, refrigerator and in-room safe
- Wraparound sundeck
- Stabilizers for smooth sailing
- Resident Photographer to assist travelers
- Medical facilities with available doctor
• Elevator serving all passenger decks
• Upgraded wi-fi Internet for your personal device (100 minutes of Free access – October 2017 and on)
• Free Internet on computers in the Library
• Panoramic Top Deck Observation Platform
• Bar/Lounge with Live Entertainment
• Lounge with Audiovisual Facilities
• DVD Movie Library
- Up to Two Pre-Voyage Hotel Nights
- Certified Emergency MD and Clinic
- Voyage Photographer
- Complimentary Expedition Jacket
- Does not include airfare.
- Single Supplement 1.7 times twin rate.
- Adventure Options:
- KAYAKING is available on all voyages: $695 except Falklands/South Georgia $795
- CAMPING is available on Antarctic Peninsula, Circle Crossing, and Marine Mammals voyages only: $125
- There may be a fuel surcharge on all bookings
- In addition to the free internet access available on the computers in the ship’s library, all passengers will receive 100 minutes of Wi-Fi access for use on their personal device.
Notes for Air Cruises
- Hebridean Sky will accommodate 71 passengers aboard these voyages.
- Triple cabins are available only for 3 people booking together – not for single travelers wanting to share.
- A minimum of $50,000 USD worth of evacuation insurance is mandatory for these voyages.
- Rates are per person in the selected cabin. Single passengers can either book a Dedicated Single cabin, or book a Twin cabin for Single use with a supplement of 1,85 to be added to the rate per person in Twin cabin.
- Preferred seating is available on the Antarctica flight ($495 R/T)
$15,495 – $24,995
$7,999 – $13,999
$7,950 – $11,800